Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Dappled Sky In Salida


Today I am sitting beneath the dappled sky near Salida, Colorado. Surrounded by mountains, pure, clean air and a cool breeze.

This week is set aside for writing the book about the cattle rustling story in my family history. It really helps me to be in the setting where the events took place. But I also feel such peace. At home in a place I’ve never lived, but have wonderful memories of camping in the area over the years.

This morning, as I looked up at the dappled sky, I felt centered. Everything is right with me and God. My soul is alive. My worries and anxieties are gone.


What more could I ask for?

Well, words. Words to write this story. But I keep trusting God that they will come.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you great success this week, under that beautiful dabbled sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carmen! Whether I get lots of writing done or not, it will be a successful week. Learning to appreciate the moments the words come easily and realize that the other moments of thinking, reflection, reading the research are just as important.

      Delete