“Lord, please order my day for me. I trust in You.”
As anxiety and depression took over my life, I found myself paralyzed. I couldn’t make decisions. I couldn’t even decide whether to go to the grocery store or not on a certain day! I had a to-do list each day that I woke up thinking about, agonizing over the “need to’s and should do’s.” Most of which went undone.
Several months after starting therapy, after I had learned to shut down my anxious thoughts or reframe them, I took a walk and thought about freedom, God renewing my mind, and ordering my day.
Asking God to order my day was a new thought to me. But the more I thought about it, the more I loved it!
- · To trust that what I do is His will
- · To trust that what I don’t do is His will
- · To live in freedom and not in chains
- · To live in God and not myself
- · To trust Him with my time, my writing, my service to Him, my relationships
- · To surrender my thoughts, my desires, my control, my anxieties, my depression to Him
- · To be aware of this trust and freedom, this new way of living
I have been asking God to order my day for two weeks now. The pressure is off! The anxiety and worries are gone. I love waking up in the morning now feeling rested and having hope and joy for my day.
My prayer this morning:
Lord, please order my day. Let what I do be your will and what I don’t do be your will. Bring the people into my day you want me to connect with. Let our interactions be your will, not mine. Keep my ego – my manipulations and desire for control out of the way. Let me be my authentic self, the one You created. Let your light shine through me today. I trust in You, in You alone.